Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Two Up, Two Down

Please read the story at the link below!  Stay informed on the state of our schools!

http://progress-index.com/news/two-city-schools-leave-priority-list-but-two-others-added-1.1554242

Parents need to learn about the "Opportunity Education Institution" without bias.  I have written to the Governors office for clarification and information on the program, which I hope to share here on the blog.

One drastic change purposed by our own school management is Year-Around Schooling, something I am strongly against.  I believe having a Summer Break is part of the heritage and history of schooling.  I also think it will complicate life-schedules and child-care beyond the means of our mostly low-income community.  Do our families really need more obstacles and challenges with no substantial proof that these changes will help?

No comments:

Post a Comment